Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sixteen Deep - A friendly introduction



Hey guys. I'm going to be blogging about Big East Basketball this semester in something I'm calling "Sixteen Deep".

Unlike so many of you, I didn't grow up in Maryland watching those great early 2000's teams beat up on Duke and North Carolina. Instead, I was watching the Rutgers Scarlet Knights in their small little New Brunswick arena cheering like crazy hoping they'd at least get double-digit wins. (Which is why the moniker "Sixteen Deep" is a little self-deprecating and a lot self-delusional.)

I love the style of play in the Big East and since the expansion, the league has never been more exciting, more competitive and more fun. With a brutal conference tournament approaching and as many as eight teams looking to get into March Madness, the next six weeks are bound to be quite titillating

I won't say I'm an expert, but I love watching the games and analyzing what went down so I hope this blog will be interesting, entertaining and maybe a bit informative. At the very least, I hope it's a little funny.

So sit back, relax, comment, criticize and enjoy the show.

- Nick




1 comment:

  1. Ah... Big East basketball. As a Pittsburgher, it's become something of a spring ritual to see Pitt choke in the tournament after a great regular season.

    ReplyDelete