Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Orioles Introduction

With 12 straight losing seasons, MLB fans might not think there's any hope for the Baltimore Orioles in 2010. Even O's fans themselves seem to have lost interest, with season attendance that has steadily fallen in the past six years. Lucky for you guys, I ain't no stinkin' fair-weather fan, so for the next six weeks, you're stuck reading about the American League East's bottom dwellers.

I'll be talking about issues such as the lineup, including the search for someone to fill the void at the clean-up spot. I'll also talk about the starting pitching rotation and maybe, just because I weirdly have a soft spot for catcher Chad Moeller, I will touch on the battle of the back-ups at the catcher position. In a few weeks, I'll set up a division preview and talk about whether the O's will end up in last again this season, or whether a difference will be made by the young talent hopeful O's fans always claim to have (which recently has just seemed like a ruse to make people think the team doesn't suck). I might even have one week dedicated to talking about the Orioles' talent in the minor leagues. Finally, to cap it all off, I will be reporting from Opening Day on April 9.

So stay tuned. And just as a side note, the first spring training game starts in about 22 minutes, according to the Orioles Web site. Get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment